Our project will build a framework that is informed by the rural practices as well as practical strategies that apply across service learning contexts. It will build on knowledge of rural service learning models and infrastructures to support their implementation through the active collaboration between 8 HEIs and 8 community partners, among which the most numerous are Local Action Groups (LAGs) that deliver the EU LEADER programme to support rural development projects initiated at the local level in order to revitalise rural areas and create jobs.
The project is in line with the objectives of the Knowledge Alliances action, since it:
- brings HEIs and community enterprises together to work on common issue – development of the necessary knowledge and skills needed to make change in rural communities
- supports the modernisation of Europe’s HE through the transnational curriculum based on the innovative service-learning approach to teaching & learning that brings students, academics and community together to jointly develop solutions for challenging issues, product and process innovation
- stimulates social entrepreneurship of HE teachers and rural entities through transnational cooperation between HEIs and rural partners jointly developing and implementing new learning and teaching methods
- facilitates the exchange, flow and co-creation of knowledge through collaborative virtual hub, where rural entities (public and private partners from the rural territory that are representatives from different socio-economic sectors) and HEIs will collaborate on creation, piloting and evaluation of OERs during and after the project ends.
- a) Survey of needs of target groups and analysis of the existing service-learning curricula
b) Rural 3.0 database
- Academic module on rural service learning and rural social entrepreneurship
- a) MOOC on rural service-learning
b) Methodology of the Online World Cafe for rural service-learning
c) Design of the Rural 3.0 Hub
d) Rural 3.0 Hub – beta version
- Community organization guide
- Exploitation Plan